PROJECT 4: SELF-TITLED [30%]

Name: Adriena Tan Yan Zi 
Student Id: 0351236
Course: Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Group: Section 02 

E-mail: adrienacharlie@gmail.com





Theme 

SELF-TITLED

Self-titled is an exploration project for the students to express their own individuality and reflect their personality into digital art self-expression

The main idea is to build up self-confidence and discover their interest



1. Idea Development

Write a biography about myself 

INTRO

My name is Adriena, I am 20 this year doing Bachelor of Design in Creative Media. 

PARAGRAPH 1

I am taking design but design was not my first choice. My first choice was actually performing arts but soon realise that the opportunities are limited in this country and it is considered a rather unstable career so i decided to pursue something more stable that also peek my interest. 

PARAGRAPH 2

The reason why i chose design and digital animation is because from a young age till now I’m always drawn towards fictional characters and cartoon animation rather than real live action movies as I find them to be a bit more immersive and vivid than real human being acting, therefore always curious on how to create my own one day. 

SUMMARY

I like animation, 2D designs, 3D designs, illustrations. 



Write a statement about your work

INTRO

We were asked to incorporate pictures of ourselves in this assignment which I don’t really take pictures on a daily basis so i the only pictures i can think of that somewhat look presentable are the picture taken when i cosplay which i have a few. 

PARAGRAPH 1

When i finally found which cosplay picture I’m going for, i thought of revolving my concept video around this cosplay. The cosplay I have chosen is a Nezuko cosplay from Demon Slayer that I wore for last year’s Comic Fiesta. 

PARAGRAPH 2

Soon, I decided to incorporate different elements from the anime for immersion and to create a concept with these elements. Since Nezuko is a demon, I would like to imagine her in the demon Muzan’s mansion ready to battle the other demons with an aggression or fierce look on her face. If you know nezuko, she also uses blood demon art which i would like to add on to the visual effects later on. 

SUMMARY

I revolving this concept around Nezuko, a demon from demon slayer ready to fight off other upper moons and lower moons in Muzan’s Mansion. 


MOOD BOARD 






2. Design Direction

Sketch your mock up poster: 

Sketch 1 




Sketch 2 



Create a digital poster based on your sketch: 

Digital poster progress #1 


I did this background with the double exposure technique in photoshop so that can have the freedom to add and remove elements, i did some recolouring with some of the elements too. 


Digital poster progress #2







3. Execution and Post Production 

Final poster 


Title: "Silent Flames: Nezuko's Fury in Muzan's lair" 

I attempted to create a scene in which Nezuko finds herself alone in Muzan's mansion, surrounded by other demons. While Tanjiro is being occupied fighting off other demons, it is Nezuko's responsibility to battle the demons to the very end and escape in order to aid her beloved brother. Even though it appears to be a losing battle in which her life is at stake, she has no choice but to put everything on the line in this sad journey. 


4. Submission

View in YouTube video here 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Information Design - Exercises, FLIP Topics & Practical

3D Modeling - Exercises

Motion Graphics - Exercises